Monday, September 29, 2008

The Nation's Triathlon - Washington DC

Triathlon day has arrived (and now past)!!!!! After months of training the big weekend finally arrived. It was a beautiful weekend.

I started off meeting a college friend for lunch on Friday; checked into the expo and started to get an idea what the weekend was going to be like. That night the Virginia chapter of Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society went out together and I met some wonderful people.



Virginia's not just for lover's....it's for CURES!

Saturday I ended up meeting a college roommate and sorority sister for lunch with her husband and little boy...isn't he a cutie! What a great lunch to have before a crazy afternoon and following day. That night we had our pasta party...what a wonderful, motivating, and inspiring evening.

Jen, Zack, Amy

Sunday....race day. We were up at 3:20 in the morning. Left the hotel at 3:45 and was down at the race transition site at 4am. We got our body marked, transition area set up, a little food in our systems and waited for our time to get in the water and start the race.

With my mentor Rena before the race

My transition area...swim....bike....run

It turned out to be a beautiful day for the race...maybe too nice of a day...Sunny, 95, blue skies, no clouds...thus a little bit of the problem. Not much shade in the water or on the run portion of the race.

Me with Ellen, Willie (patient honoree and triathlete), Erin

Me with Diane (an elite triathlete and teammate)

I finished in 4 hours 1 minute and 42 seconds.





I achieved both of my goals: I raised $2,800.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I finished the race.


Thank you to everyone who encouraged me and donated to the cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home