Tuesday, June 19, 2007

House Projects

1. Mowing the lawn:

I am so thankful to have great neighbors. While I was in transition from the apartment to the house one of my neighbors was nice enough to come over and mow the yard for me. Sadly, yet funny enough - they ran out of gas - so there was a small section in the back that just kept growing. Finally I bought a mower from a co-worker so I could continue tackling the yard.



I do have to say that my yard is only 1% grass. The rest is covered in clover & weeds :) (project for the fall).



But I managed to tackle and tame the grass/weeds. Now I try to mow about 2 times a week - just to keep in short and neat.



2. Painting:

Oh my goodness! The color in the house was SO NOT ME! Pink/mauve was everwhere! So a few friends & Co-workers came over to give me a hand in covering it all up. Now the family room / hall and gues bedroom is a light kakhi, the dining room is an awesome green, and I just finally got the bathroom painted. All that's left is the kitchen (which is an ok color for now), my bedroom (the yellow I got was WAY too bright), and the office/den/3rd bedroom (currently box haven).



3. More yard work:

My garden beds, have some really interesting plants / flowers, but also has a wonderful collection of posion ivy. YUCK / ITCH, ITCH! So I've been trying to tackle that in cleaning it all out. Between round-up, using the hoe to lossen the dirt, and weeding....it is S.......L........O.......W........L........Y..... getting accomplished.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Goodness! I haven't been online checking everybody's blogs in forever. I had no idea how much you'd gotten done on the house...WOW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home