Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's next...

Two years ago a co-worker challenged me to train for and run a half marathon - I did it and had a blast. Two weeks ago, a friend who I volunteer with at the zoo mentioned how she was looking at training for a triathlon. I thought...want an awesome idea! So I decided to join her. We are going to be doing the Team in Training with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I will be posting more information about training and fundrasing that I will be doing. My goal is to raise over $3000.00! I know it seems like a lot of money - but it all goes to help find a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma. So a VERY worthy cause.

Now you might ask...what does the triathlon include...it's a 1.5K swim (.94 miles), 40K bike (24 miles), and a 10K run (6.2 miles). This is the international/olympic distant triathlon. I've already started training by getting into the pool and swimming....boy do I have a LONG way to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home