Sunday, May 11, 2008

my dog...Sprout

First...Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!


Today is also my uncles birthday - so I gave him a call and got to talk to two of my cousins as an added bonus. The best part of all my phone calls today to my mother, both grandmothers, and my uncle I was asked the same question "how's Sprout doing"? My dog is loved....


He is doing good. Will be turning 4 in July though he still acts like a puppy. Below are a few of my favorite "Sprout stories"

1. When I fist met Sprout it was at the breeders in Pennsylvania. They had three dogs that were not 'show' worthy so they were selling them. When the owners opened the kennel the puppies (6 months old) were in two ran to the owners and one ran over to me, sniffed me, licked me, then peed on me. Yep - that was Sprout! I knew he was mine, and he knew I was his. :)

2. A few years ago I was visiting my grandparents in Falmouth, MA (on Cape Cod). Sprout was being pampered with attention so I went to shower an make up the room I was staying in. When I returned to the kitchen my grandmother was doubled over in laughter. Sprout was playing in the other room, then my grandmother saw Sprout running through the house with a white thing in his mouth. Now he does have a white toy he loves to play with. But, it wasn't the case. He was running through the house with my grandfather's underware. My grandmother still loves to tell that story!

3. Another visit with family in MA - I was visiting my uncle, aunt and 3 cousins (same uncle whose b-day is today). We had a great time, my cousins were arguing over who gets to walk Sprout each time. I was happy NOT to have to walk him for once! When it was time to leave, my cousin started crying. At first we all thought it was becuase she had such a great time that she didn't want ME to leave. NOPE...she was upset that SPROUT was leaving! (yes Laurie - I'm talking about you here) :)





I am looking at my calendar (and airfare) to see when I can make a weekend visit back up to Boston to see that side of my family again (yes, I'll bring Sprout).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home