Friday, May 30, 2008

Fighting the Fight

I can't wait for tomorrow - we are having another bike ride training workout. I bought a road bike two weeks ago and I'm still getting comfortable on it.

Over Memorial Day weekend I rode from my house to Ft. Monroe, VA and back (12.5 mile round trip). Ft. Monroe is an Army base built in 1820, but an area with recognized importance in the 1600's. It is a beautiful base with the water, nature, and historic homes and defenses surrounding you. It is a great place to bike, as I did, think about the history and importance of where you are, but also a great place for reflection on why I am biking....to help those that are fighting to live.

Ft. Monroe was a base established to defend and protect the colonly of Jamestown and the water ways leading into Hampton Roads (and further to Richmond).

Team in Training with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is to help protect and fight for the lives that are under attack by cancer.

To each of you who have given money or are thinking of donating, I thank you. I also ask and encourage you to send the link to your friends, co-workers, and family. It might take a village to raise a child, a military to protect our nation, but it takes you and monitary resources to help find a cure for cancer. Your donations also help to cover the costs of copayments, gas, doctor visits, medicines, and counceling for those fighting for their lives.

If you would like to contribute please go to:http://pages.teamintraining.org/va/nattri08/jpearson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home